So when I went to kindergarten it was half a day and that is where you learned your ABC's and 123's, socialized with others and prepared for the next year. I do not remember learning to Read and Write and have homework do math (add and subtract) or have to know 100 sight words by 1st grade.
Johnathan on the other hand has all day kindergarten M-F 8a.m. to 2:45 p.m., eats lunch and only has recess for 10 minutes in the morning lunch is 30 minutes and then he has another 10 minute break in the afternoon.
He has to do all the above stated things. They also have gym and computers during the week.
At night he has 2 pages of homework front and back of math, spelling, sounds, etc...., and he has to read one book and fill out this paper himself. Plus we have to go over the 100 sight words and the words for the week and other things for the week (they change).
All of this does not phase him because he LOVES to learn but man I think all this is just in Kindergarten ugh what will 1st grade be?????
I am glad that he had Pre-school for 3 yrs and that it was Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-11: 30 a.m. Cidnee is at the same Pre-School the first year is just Monday and Wednesday 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m
Next year she starts the other schedule. It is a good thing that she likes to learn too.
Johnathan on the other hand has all day kindergarten M-F 8a.m. to 2:45 p.m., eats lunch and only has recess for 10 minutes in the morning lunch is 30 minutes and then he has another 10 minute break in the afternoon.
He has to do all the above stated things. They also have gym and computers during the week.
At night he has 2 pages of homework front and back of math, spelling, sounds, etc...., and he has to read one book and fill out this paper himself. Plus we have to go over the 100 sight words and the words for the week and other things for the week (they change).
All of this does not phase him because he LOVES to learn but man I think all this is just in Kindergarten ugh what will 1st grade be?????
I am glad that he had Pre-school for 3 yrs and that it was Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-11: 30 a.m. Cidnee is at the same Pre-School the first year is just Monday and Wednesday 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m
Next year she starts the other schedule. It is a good thing that she likes to learn too.


1 comment:
Holy Crap! What a smart kid! See, that is what I am saddest about living in Mexico. I don't think the education standard is nearly up to par. I mean, I know I can suplement, but it's not the same. And, Maile loves to learn too, at this point at least. I guess I just need to be greatful that her life won't be filled with homework by the time she's five. LOL!
Post a Comment