Friday, May 20, 2016

The dreaded word.......Homeschool!!

I am so tired of hearing I am making a "mistake" for homeschooling my children next year! No it is not the "normal" thing to do. We aren't NORMAL!
Just so people can understand here are some reasons we chose this:

•Our kids are bored and not challenged not because of the teacher, because of the guidelines.

•Our kids are exposed to so much crap they don't need to be exposed to. Now you can say they need that to deal with life. WRONG!!! Being exposed to certain things will not make them better at life. It makes life more complicated.

•Our kids need to explore the world. They need to actually have a life. They do not fit in the box mold.

•What they are being required to learn in my opinion is junk. Why do adults always have to complicate a simple task?

•I hate grades! Who are you to say what my child learned or didn't learn? Again it comes down to regulations.

•The school system is flawed. We are so concerned about "grading" the teacher to keep their job. We forget to just let the teacher teach. How is the attendance and referrals of a student any way to say if a teacher is proficient? How can you say test scores show if a teacher taught well? You can't!!!

•When you have 28 kids to 1 teacher (that is a conservative number) that teacher is doing the best they can to help each child. It isn't possible though. You have kids who are above level, below level and at level. You then add rules and regulations to he mix and teachers are spread thin. I give huge props to teachers. Teachers are not my reasoning for homeschooling.

There are far more pros to our choice than cons. It isn't for everyone. It isn't going to be easy. There will be problems just like the public schools. The thing is this is the best choice for US!! Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. We will never know if we don't try. I just know sitting back and doing nothing for my kids is not the answer.
I would just ask that same respect I show to you, would be given to me. Please don't make my child feel bad about the decision either. I don't think there is a right or wrong way. As long as my children are learning it doesn't matter.

I promise my kids will not be anymore socially awkward than hey already are. They won't be weirdos, because they already are LOL!! Educate yourself on homeschool. There are so many options for socializing. There is actually a co-op here of families that meet close to everyday with different activities. Like I said we are going to try it. If it works great if it doesn't my kids will not be screwed up. They will not be behind. They will be just fine.

If you have questions ask. Just don't assume to understand our situation.

Love to you all and I know it is all over the place. It's hard to put everything I am feeling together in typed words.

No comments: