Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mine Rescue Competition

This is the annual Mine Rescue Competition. Rick competed with the Consol novice team. They had only been a team for a week. They did not win, but did well for only having 2 days practice as a team. Another local team, Deer Creek, won (they have been together for 30+ years). Kudos to them. He had fun and we ran into Brian and Mindy Spears (some friends of ours from Colorado).
He has been on other teams at other mines and also on the Fire Brigade and he has trained at Beckley in West Virginia but none of them (well other than Beckley) have been as nice as this company and team. He has his next Competition in September in Virginia. He is way excited to go (me I just wish I could) but the company pays for all of it and he gets to go play.

And don't ask me to explain it all because I can't you would have to ask him






No comments: