Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Backround

I like to change things up so every Holiday I change my blog background. This time I decided to do this one. It is very close to my heart as Johnathan has been diagnosed with Asbergers which is on the spectrum of Autism. I thought it would be appropriate as National Autism Awareness Day is April 2 (hopefully you all wore your blue shirt to support it) and Johnathan's Birthday is April 18.

I have to say that I know some people want a cure for disabilities. Me I want acceptance. I wouldn't change anything about my little man. I love how he is so honest, loving, and intelligent. He has all the characteristics we all want. I LOVE him and Cidnee and how she is accepting of him.

I get so angry because everyone is always trying to "FIX" him. I feel they are the ones that need "Fixing" He will never be societies "NORMAL" but maybe he is what we should all be. I also get upset when people treat him as though he doesn't understand. They feel they need to talk to him slowly. He will just turn to me and ask"Mom what's wrong with that person I am not stupid you know." Which makes the person feel pretty dumb. I just laugh and say" I am not sure"

I am so glad I was blessed with such Wonderful kids.

3 comments:

Liesel said...

I LOVE this post Catherine. You are so right, he is an awesome kid!!! You are such an awesome mom too. I really look up to you. I want you to know that.

Catherine said...

Aww Thanks!! I think you are an Awesome mom too. I think we have our Mom's to Thank for that and a pretty cool grandma too.

The Sanderson Fam said...

You tell 'em Cat! I wish I could be there when Johnathan makes someone feel dumb...too great!