Today as I went to workout I looked in the mirror. Do you know what I saw? I saw ME!! I saw a beautiful woman that has a lot on her plate, but I saw beautiful me! Now I know I am not a skinny little thing. I was at one time. Unfortunately even then I was "too fat". Sad I know. It has taken me years to love who I am now.
Recently (ok a year ago) I started on a journey to get healthy, not skinny!! I started out by changing eating habits, and walking on the treadmill. It was so freaking hard!! After a few months though I felt better. I looked better and most importantly I knew I liked where I was. I started yoga. Can I just say yoga Rocks!! I also had help and support from my cousin. It helped to have that motivation from him. I even at what I am calling a not so sane moment promised him I would do a Spartan Race! WHAT THE HECK?!! Ya ya I know I'm CRAZY!! I may die(although he says I won't) but at least I will have fun.
This year I knew that I had hit a wall and needed more. I needed to strengthen myself. I took a leap and have been working with a personal trainer. She is just what I have needed. Someone who can push me further than I think I can. I have friends that are doing it with me. Are we AMAZING? Well heck ya we are!! Why because we are there trying to better ourselves. Do we always like it? I am going to say NO! Yet we show up and are there to support each other!
The thing is I don't care if I am ever that skinny little girl I was. Im not a little girl. I am a woman. A woman who has fought to be who I am. I am a woman who is loved and adored by her husband. I am a woman who is a mom. Showing her kids that I can and will do hard things. I am fat but I am beautiful!! I am a work in progress.
If I can do this so can you. Remember as you look in that mirror on the way to workout to see that Beautiful Woman that you are.
Be positive and know that you are loved!!
No comments:
Post a Comment